By Sister Rosa Nguyen
I have been blessed to be a part of the Mission Leadership Institute, sponsored by Providence St. Joseph Health and Providence University. This program is a transformative, accredited program preparing the next generation of health care leaders to promote and advance our organization’s mission.
Our core competencies in the Mission Leadership Institute strengthen Mission centered leadership skills that reflect Providence values and align with the principles of Catholic health care. We focus on:
- Dignity – We honor and protect the inherent worth of every individual.
- Whole Person – We embrace the mind, body and spirit of each person.
- Vulnerable – We advocate for and empower those who are vulnerable.
- Common Good – We recognize that all thrive when everyone thrives.
- Justice – We create responsive, inclusive, and equitable communities.
- Stewardship – We promote practices that protect personal, environmental and fiscal resources.
- Ministy – We value Catholic health care as a ministry of the Catholic Church.
I am blessed and grateful to have been chosen to be in the Mission Leadership Program Institute. This Program last for 18 months.There are over 300 caregiver leaders who are selected by their supervisors. It is not an easy journey being in full-time service at Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH), but we put our intention, effort, mind, heart and spirit into it. We all satisfactorily completed it on March 17, 2023 with God’s grace.
Personally, I would say that the Mission Leadership Program is a significant experience for me. Each session wakes me up to see through different lenses and perspectives in life. It helps me to become a more reflective person. It also opens my mind, heart and spirit to experience life meaningfully and purposely. I have learned more about my own self as a whole person. I am blessed! It is a pearl. I will continue to treasure this program wherever I am called to serve. Furthermore, I see the Mission is alive among our leaders and future leaders in this program. Providence of God, I thank you for all.
Sr. Rosa Nguyen is an accountant for Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Apple Valley, California, and board member of Providence St. Joseph in Burbank and Providence Holy Cross.