August 7, 2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Jennifer Roseman, Director of Communications & Development
(509) 474-2395 or (509) 994-5032
For photo availability, contact Jennifer Roseman
In a service held Saturday, August 7, at St. James Cathedral in Seattle, 13 Sisters of Providence were celebrated for their years of service.
The Rev. Joseph A. Kramis presided at the liturgy. A luncheon honoring the Jubilarians followed in the cathedral’s parish hall and O’Dea High School gymnasium.
The Jubilarians and their current residences are:
- 75 years — Sister Paul Gabriel Desilets, Spokane; Sister Mary Gleason*, Seattle;
- 70 years — Sister Georgette Jean, Seattle;
- 60 years — Sisters Philomena Byrne and Barbara (Alexis) Melancon, both of Seattle;
- 50 years –– Sisters Chauncey Boyle, Karin Dufault, Mary Frances Hawkins and Jean Schultz, and Mary Berenice Wilson, all of Seattle; Sister Katherine Smith, Portland, Ore.; and Sister Pamela White, Spokane;
- 25 years — Sister Sharon Anne Fitzpatrick, Seattle.
*Sister Mary Gleason died August 6, on the eve of the Jubilee Celebration.